Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Yummy Waffles

I spent this last weekend with my parents and had a great time visiting with them. My mom is totally dedicated to healthy living and looks great. She's a great example to me. This recipe is hers and this is what we enjoyed Sunday morning. Try them and I bet you never look at a "white flour" waffle the same again. These are fabulous!

OATMEAL WAFFLES

1-1/2 CUPS WHOLE WHEAT FLOUR
1 CUP QUICK-COOKING OR REGULAR ROLLED OATS
1 TABLESPOON BAKING POWDER
1/2 TEASPOON CINNAMON (I USE MORE)
1/2 TEASPOON SALT
2 EGGS, SLIGHTLY BEATEN
1-1/2 CUPS SKIM MILK
6 TABLESPOONS HEALTHY OIL -- She used Coconut oil. I would use 1/2 cup flaxseed plus 3 TBSP olive oil)
1-1/2 TABLESPOONS SPLENDA BLEND BROWN SUGAR
ADD BLUEBERRIES IF YOU LIKE

IN LARGE MIXING BOWL, STIR TOGETHER FLOUR, OATS, BAKING POWDER, CINNAMON, AND SALT; SET ASIDE. IN SMALL MIXING BOWL, STIR TOGETHER EGGS, MILK, BUTTER AND BROWN SUGAR. ADD TO FLOUR MIXTURE; STIR UNTIL BLENDED. SPRAY HEATED WAFFLE GRIDS WITH PAM, CLOSE LID; DO NOT OPEN DURING BAKING. TOP WITH FRESH FRUIT AND YOGURT, WARMED APPLESAUCE, OR SPRAY BUTTER AND WARMED SUGAR-FREE, FAT-FREE MAPLE SYRUP.

3 comments:

Bonnie said...

What a great recipe find. Tomorrow I am interested in an Oatmeal Cookie recipe, and will report.

Bonnie said...

Good idea on the flax seed.

Neisha said...

Hey - I need to do something about my inactive lifestyle - so I am glad to read your blog. I need all the help I can get.