Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Benefits of Jump Roping

Hi Everyone: I was just doing some quick reading through emails and had one from Prevention Magazine specific to jump roping. We've all talked about how hard it was, but consider this...

The average jumper burns 200 calories every 15 minutes!!

So the next time you spurge on a piece of cake, just pick up a rope and see what you can do in 15 minutes. Or this may cause you to stop and think or say, "Is this really worth the calories?"

Just something fun I wanted to share.

5 comments:

Becky said...

The jump rope was fun but not something I would want to do often. It took it's toll on my body. Everytime I go to the gym and I watch the calories on the treadmill or bike and see how long it takes to burn them but how quickly we can eat them :-).
You are a great inspiration to everyone!
Looking for some new recipes from you.

Unknown said...

Hearing those statistics sure makes me want to jumprope a little more! :) I noticed today that you really looked great! You're doing awesome!

Natalie said...

Sounds great! I will have to do this with Porter sleeping. He would be trying to get in on the action! He got another bad bonk today in nursery. Poor kid.

Sherrie said...

I really had a hard time jump roping but by the end of class I finally got the hang of it but was to out of shape to do it for any long period of time. I went out and bought a jump rope and plan on jumping with my daughter. I hope I can keep it up especially with your comments on the benefits of this exercise.

Bonnie said...

Ok, this would KILL me!