Monday, June 22, 2009

Week 4 begins today

It's been 21 great days focusing on good nutrition, strenuous exercise, and portion control. I must say I pushed it hard last week with good exercise to try to meet a few goals I've been striving for. Today, I am definitely sore but overall, I feel great. It would be easy to become discouraged because the results don't happen quickly. But to keep me encouraged, this is what I've accomplished over the past 21 days.

1. Lost 10.5 pounds
2. Lost 1 1/2 inches around my waist
3. I can see definition in my legs...not a lot but since I'm looking for it, I can see the tone
4. My clothes fit so much better. Rather than skirts and pants sitting right on my waist, they're now resting on my hips.
5. I'm adding at least 1, sometimes 2 extra strengthening routines to each program. This is definitely helping with the back fat, arm jiggle and overall arm strength.
6. I'm strength training 3 days/week, cardio training 3 days/week and enjoying several walks in the evening after work. This equals at least 45-75 minutes of exercise daily.

I'm so pleased to have this opportunity and look forward to the next 79 days. I plan to stay strong and appreciate the support of my trainer, Heidi, our dieticians, Peggy & Jessica, other participants and good family and friends. Thanks a bunch everyone!

I also want to share a fun episode I had with my son, Spencer (10) on Saturday. I was doing a PowerWalking video and he was content just watching me. He's 10 and after about 3 minutes in to the work-out he says, "Wow Mom, it's working already...I can already tell you're getting skinnier." Oh how I love the boy! He's been a fun supporter and oftentimes joins in with me. If he doesn't, Swensen, my 4-year old gets on his bike every night when we get home ready to guide my walking course. Thank goodness for great kids!

4 comments:

Natalie said...

GO MONICA! You are a tough chick. We are rooting for you! Well, all but Ivy. She said "Silly Aunt Monica."

Becky said...

All I can say is WOW! I am not even close to loosing that much. You are doing awesome. It is a good feeling for your close to be sagging.

Keep up the good work!

A girl named Holly... said...

Monica, WOW! I am super impressed:) Sounds like you are doing AWESOME. Keep up the good work. I love the stories about your kids...fun!

Penny said...

Way to go Monica! That is great to write down what you have accomplished! It gives you an oportinity to really realize that all the hard work is paying off. Keep it Up!